Keeping Caught Up....

I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends. - Shakespeare

Friday, June 09, 2006

Inconveniently far away

Here's Simon and me Last Autumn at a cool German castle. I was disappointed to realize I'd miss Tamara's party by only a week. I was in Utah the week before the party for a few days for my Grandmother's funeral. But as you might imagine, I didn't have much free time available - being kept pretty busy with family stuff. Sadly, it doesn't appear likley that I'll be in town for the reunion either, it's quite an expensive ticket. Though, I am planning to be in Utah for Christmas this year, it would be cool to see those of you who might be around. I've torn a collateral ligament in my left knee, so I'm laid up at home at the moment, can't go to work, only have two English TV channels... so what better to do than blog? They actually have CNN as a normal channel here, and EuroSport. Has anyone ever noticed how repetitious CNN is? It's a great time to be in Germany, though. The World Cup starts here tomorrow and there are huge street parties in the major cities. They've erected a huge screen in the middle of the river in downtown Frankfurt where they'll be showing some of the games for those of us who were unable to get tickets. It's the most watched sporting event in the world - even more viewers than the Olympics, it's odd to be an American and come from the one country that doesn't care about soccer. Being married to an Englishman has educated me in this area. :) Hi to everyone - I wish I could have been there for the party. So, what happened there? Love, Leah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home